A record of my adventures of birds and bird ringing


Thursday 6 May 2010

New BLABI nest!

Imagine my glee when I got a phone call from my friend a few days ago, telling me that one of her friends had discovered a blackbird nest in, of all things, a bike basket!

This evening I went along to have a look - and to drop off some nest recording cards and hopefully get some more people recording :). The pair have set up their nest in an abandoned bike's basket, and are really very tame (the female didnt seem bothered even though we were within touching distance of her and her newly-hatched chicks). So here's hoping the chicks fledge safely and that some more people get interested in recording these things..

And that I might be able to ring the chicks (I couldnt find a licensed ringer in time for the last brood).



Mrs Blackbird, not at all fussed about us being there.

Thanks to Sarah and Margot for finding and showing me the nest!

No comments:

Post a Comment