A record of my adventures of birds and bird ringing


Monday 7 March 2011

The Wash, a new job

I realised when I came around to updating this that I completely missed posting about the last wash trip - we caught 238 Sanderling on Heacham beach. A very nice catch, although none of the geolocater birds were caught. Next wash weekend is in a fortnight but I'm not sure if I will be able to make it because I have a new job!

The RSPB are hiring me as a research assistant, looking (loosely) at the impacts of windfarms on Golden Plover. This involves radio tracking Golden Plover, habitat surveying and a lot of transects. Given that I'll have to be walking 20-25km a day, it's going to be pretty hard work but a lot of fun. I'm also now on the look out for anyone in scotland who does interesting ringing for my days off(!)

No comments:

Post a Comment