A record of my adventures of birds and bird ringing


Wednesday 14 April 2010

The Chiffchaff and the Black Pheasant

Sounds a little like a fairy tale, doesnt it?!

Well, the black pheasant decided to amble past our living room window yesterday when I was working, and me and a friend watched it for about 5 seconds before simultaneously scrambling for our cameras. Unfortunately by the time we'd got them and turned them on, the pheasant had vanished.

There has been a Chiffchaff singing in the orchard for a few days now (well, I suppose it could be a few different ones moving through). It woke me up this morning, bright and early, so I've just put up a net in the hope that I can catch it (funny though, that I've been hearing it all day but now I've got a net up I cant hear it at all!).

Time for a net round!

No comments:

Post a Comment