A record of my adventures of birds and bird ringing


Sunday 11 April 2010

Todays nest attempts and a picture of the nest from last time

Having heard the Tawnys call at one another for over a week now (and having scrutinised the Schedule 1 list to make absolutely sure they weren't on there) I thought I'd go and see if there was in fact anything nesting in the Tawny owl box in the orchard.


View of the box from below





Inside the box



As you can see, there isnt anything in there at the moment. They could be using a hole in a tree somewhere nearby (we have lots of old half rotten trees around), or I guess they could just have not started nesting yet!

And here, as promised, is the picture of the nest which I found a few days ago. Is anyone able to confirm the species?




In other news there is a dead pigeon (no ring) right next to the dead pheasant. Something has developed a taste for them! I only hope it doesnt eat the rather spectacular black pheasant (who evades my camera at every move).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily - Deffo a BLABI nest!

    Cheers Kane.

    P.s - As for the other blue eggs (the predated ones) they could have been SONTH.

    ReplyDelete